cis people aren’t allowed to edit my papers anymore
Not least because they couldn’t even spell the word “privilege” correctly when it was fucking right in front of them. That’s a very impressive level of ignorance.
Maybe hes ignorant
Maybe u wrote a bad paper
All im saying
So he cant spell, the advice he gave is useful and clear
*she, the editor is a girl. and her advice is useless.
1. this is not the first time i mentioned privilege in the paper. or cisgender. this paper was written on my personal experiences with being trans, and the difficulties i’ve faced because of it, and the difficulties that cisgender people with otherwise comparable lives have not faced.
2. the terms privilege and cisgender had both been thoroughly elaborated on in this paper.
3. this paper was written for a women’s studies class, on gender analysis, in which both privilege and cisgender privilege in particular had been explained, elaborated upon, and discussed by the professor.
4. the comment was not by the professor, it was by a cis classmate during a peer review.
5. the words cisgender and privilege are both in scare quotes (in case you can’t google that or don’t know what it means or want to deny their existence, scare quotes is when you put a word or phrase in quotation marks to make it seem less real — the textual version of sarcastically making air quotes with your fingers)
6. another edit, by the same editor, involved asking me what my birth name was. i’m sure you don’t need to be told that that’s transphobic.
7. i spoke to the professor about this edit, and he agreed with me that the comment (and the way it was phrased) was out of line.
8. i got a 99% on the essay.
bonus: if your reaction to seeing gross transphobic things is “well it’s probably the trans person’s fault”, then you’re gross and transphobic and i hope you don’t know any trans people IRL for their sake
Or, you know, you could just stop saying sorry.
"i have a problem i can’t control"
"stop having that problem omg"
I did a thing for a contest and I think it turned out pretty durn cute
Well I hope you fucking win because this is a win!
This is perfect.
very nice. good luck!
Everything about this is gorgeous
Can someone identify all the characters?
they’re all Disney characters- Esmeralda (top left) Mulan Tiana Pocahontas Jasmine Nani
Ellen Page, Lavern Cox & her mom backstage at GLAAD Awards! (Via glaad)
look at how proud she is <3